laughing mastiff

Monday 2 March 2015

Fatherless

I just know his name,
But I never had a photo of him,
Nor have I seen him.
Did being fatherless affect me?
Yes, it did.
I was violent at my tender age,
But I have never felt the absence of him,
Because I have never thought of him,
Even if I try to think
Nothing comes out,
Just his name and a blank image appear.
My mother never talks about him,
And I never bother to ask.
Now I have a stepfather,
Whom I call my dad,
I feel and love him like my real dad,
Forget about the damn blood thing.
All I care is love and affection
Which he generously pours into my family.
Now I am grown up,
Sometimes I wonder
What he does........
How does he look like?
Is he still alive?
Maybe he has passed away during the Cultural Revolution.
Does he know that?
I am under the guidance of His Holiness?
Even though, he hasn't done his responsibility as a father,
But, maybe something forced him to leave me.

I hope he is living happily wherever he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment